This meal was SO delicious. Even though I made it during our Whole30 January challenge, I will surely be making it again and again! It gives a fun spin on a regular beef stew. I’m sure chicken would also be delicious in this meal.
This stew is not overly spicy even though red curry paste usually says “Hot” on it. I am not the bravest with spice and I comfortably ate and enjoyed it.
- 1-2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp fresh peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen brand)
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots (I bought mine pre-cut)
- 2 tbs oil (olive, coconut or avocado)
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Pour 1 tsp oil in a frying pan and brown the meat on all sides and place it directly into your slow cooker.
- Once frying pan is empty pour 1 tsp oil on it and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes and place in the slow cooker.
- Pour coconut milk, tomato paste, curry paste, lime juice and salt over the beef in the slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8. In the last 30 mins add the broccoli and carrots into the slow cooker.
I served this over cauliflower rice but you could serve it over brown rice if you’re not doing Whole30 and it would still be gluten free.